- First Nations and Métis worldviews are valid ways of knowing and understanding the world;
- Accountability in the area of First Nations and Métis education is essential to progress;
- Communication throughout the system is key to the achievement of common goals;
- Quality and authenticity are essential considerations in all First Nations and Métis education policy and program initiatives; and
- All people must have equitable opportunities to succeed, coupled with respect for individual experiences and knowledge.